We’ve separated some super easy ideas to turn an ordinary cake into a much more fun and creative one, be it for a birthday party at home or for a snack in evening. There are numerous ways to make cakes and pies with various fillings, decorations and toppings combinations that give that touch of personality.
Some decorated cakes are very expensive, due to the amount of material or labor needed to prepare it. However, we can decorate cakes and pies in the simplest ways that are as interesting as those made by confectioners.
1. Unwrap some Dum Dums and stick them straight into the cake.
Take a plain, frosted cake and make it ready for a party in just a few minutes - no fancy frosting tips required.
2. Get the decorating ingredients for this fruity cake at the Farmer’s Market.
Welcome to berry heaven! This decoration is inexpensive and beautiful.
3. DIY confetti marshmallow numbers
Blow the candle and eat the numbers! Your kids will love this unforgettable treat.
4. Or use a stencil to make a number using powdered sugar.
This is what happens when you let a graphic designer bake your cake. Cakes with fonts. Mmmm.
5. Make your own chocolate cake toppers using melted chocolate.
This forest cake is simply beautiful. But you can make pretty much anything with melted chocolate once you master it.
When it comes to decorating cakes, it just takes a little bit of creativity and the result will be fun and super yummy. Find more ideas here.