Air Conditioning Installation Cost in Knoxville, TN
What is the cost to Install Air Conditioning in Knoxville, TN?
Knowing the air conditioning installation in Knoxville costs is important to being able to effectively plan and budget your project. While there are general nationwide numbers available, they usually do not include local factors that may impact the final price, which may include: local hourly labor wages, materials costs, as well as productivity rates. There may be certain Knoxville permits required by local state and city laws, which can raise the total cost as well.
Our numbers show that on average in 2014 total air conditioning installation Knoxville costs have been $2,803.39 to $3,703.55.
To breakdown that number by unit the averages are $2,803.39 to $3,703.55 per unit. This number includes the following:
- Average labor costs per hour in Knoxville which are typical of air conditioning installation projects.
- Materials and equipment costs necessary to install air conditioning in Knoxville, TN, as well as any applicable delivery charges.
- Any applicable project preparation (necessary components, machinery and surface preparation) and cleanup fees.
- Knoxville permits required for air conditioning installation projects, which may also include inspection and building fees. Please contact Knoxville city government to inquire which permits may be necessary.
- Supply and material city sales taxes in Knoxville, 37902 area.
- Supply and material county and state sales taxes in Knox county, Tennessee.
- Knoxville general contractor fees, if used for the project. Such fees usually add another 15% to the total. Using a general contractor is generally not required for Knoxville air conditioning installation projects.
Air Conditioning Installation Knoxville Projects - Cost Breakdown:
- $365.71 to $394.81 - typical hourly labor costs seen for air conditioning installation Knoxville projects in 2014.
- $30.46 to $32.99 - typical costs associated with Knoxville air conditioning installation projects in 2014. This figure may include mounting hardware, fasteners and fittings, as required.
- $27.60 to $56.06 - pipe cutting and threading, brazing kit, pipe wrenches and tubing cutter costs, as well as any other necessary equipment and machinery.
- $2,379.63 to $3,219.69 - Knoxville retail costs typically seen for 1 units of air conditioning installation.