Shingle Roof Installation Cost in Houston, TX
What is the cost to Install Shingle Roofs in Houston, TX?
Knowing the shingle roof installation in Houston costs is important to being able to effectively plan and budget your project. While there are general nationwide numbers available, they usually do not include local factors that may impact the final price, which may include: local hourly labor wages, materials costs, as well as productivity rates. There may be certain Houston permits required by local state and city laws, which can raise the total cost as well.
Our numbers show that on average in 2014 total shingle roof installation Houston costs have been $1,234.41 to $1,593.73.
To breakdown that number by square foot the averages are $6.18 to $7.97 per square foot. This number includes the following:
- Average labor costs per hour in Houston which are typical of shingle roof installation projects.
- Materials and equipment costs necessary to install shingle roofs in Houston, TX, as well as any applicable delivery charges.
- Any applicable project preparation (necessary components, machinery and surface preparation) and cleanup fees.
- Houston permits required for shingle roof installation projects, which may also include inspection and building fees. Please contact Houston city government to inquire which permits may be necessary.
- Supply and material city sales taxes in Houston, 77002 area.
- Supply and material county and state sales taxes in Harris county, Texas.
- Houston general contractor fees, if used for the project. Such fees usually add another 15% to the total. Using a general contractor is generally not required for Houston shingle roof installation projects.
Shingle Roof Installation Houston Projects - Cost Breakdown:
- $183.84 to $339.00 - typical hourly labor costs seen for shingle roof installation Houston projects in 2014.
- $51.06 to $55.29 - typical costs associated with Houston shingle roof installation projects in 2014. This figure may include fasteners, basic flashing, underlayment and drip edges, as required.
- $60.38 to $99.19 - roof jacks, shingle cutting tools and pneumatic roofing nailer costs, as well as any other necessary equipment and machinery.
- $939.14 to $1,100.25 - Houston retail costs typically seen for 200 square feet of shingle roof installation.