The outdoor living space is just as important as the indoors. Nowadays, many homeowners are making huge investments in outdoor living. And why not, the charm of enjoying a late night dinner under the moonlight on your patio should excite everyone. One of the key things in adding comfort and class to your outdoor living space is furniture. You will need to buy high-quality furniture that can withstand exposure to the elements.
What You Should Consider When Buying Outdoor Furniture
Here are a few important tips to consider when buying outdoor furniture.
- The furniture must be specifically designed for the outdoor environment where it will be used.
- What is the furniture size? Outdoor spaces vary in size. You need furniture pieces that are not too big or too small for the space you have.
- Will the furniture be enough to seat the required number of people? The rule of thumb is to make sure that you have enough seating space for a small garden party.
- What are the styles and colors of the furniture you have bought? Do they go with your home’s décor? Outdoor living spaces are not just about function but they also have decorative value.
You will also need to consider the types of frame construction for the furniture item you are buying. Various types of materials are used to build the frame.
You may also choose among three broad categories of furniture sets to go for.
There are also a number of furniture design styles that you can choose from. The most important thing is to buy furniture pieces that can handle the outdoor weather while providing comfort and functionality to your home. Outdoor living spaces are now a major feature of most homes and choosing the right furniture is very important.
- Aluminum - This is a lightweight and highly durable rust-resistant frame that’s ideal for outdoor furniture. Aluminum can withstand daily wear and tear and harsh weather quite easily. This is a very important thing to keep in mind.
- Steel - Steel also offers the durability and strength of aluminum but it’s definitely stronger and can last for a very long time.
- Iron - If you are going for durability, strength, and endurance, then you can’t go wrong with iron. Iron is the most durable framing for any outdoor furniture or structure. Iron chairs will also need cushions to add to the comfort. The challenge with iron is the rust. You will need to repaint it regularly to keep it fresh.
- Wicker - Wicker is a natural alternative to metals. It can be used for porches and sunrooms. Wicker is unique and has more design value than steel, iron, and aluminum. You can customize it the way you want.
- Wood and Plastic -You can also choose wood and plastic furniture pieces. Plastic is easy to maintain and very affordable. It can also withstand any weather conditions. Wood, on the other hand, has a unique look but requires a lot of maintenance.
- Bistro Sets - A bistro set is perfect for a small outdoor space. A small patio or an apartment balcony would definitely need bistro sets.
- Dining Sets - If you’re looking to create a family-style outdoor space, you will need to go for a dining set. We are talking about six to nine furniture pieces in one place. You will, of course, need space to do this but it’s always fun to have a bigger space.
- Conversation Sets - Conversational sets are designed to offer relaxation and comfort. It’s basically your indoor living room transferred outside. You can have a pair of conversational chairs with ottomans and a small accents table on the side. Conversational sets can be perfect for the front or the back porch.